Friday, December 18, 2009

Brunette needs hair advice, color, highlights, style, products?

Blondish hair when I was a baby. Hair turned a med-brown color with ash tones as I got older. In mid-thirties now. My hair is somewhat wavy. It straightens well with a flat iron. It curls but won't hold a curl for very long with a curling iron or curlers. I tried a couple of perms in the 80's but ended up looking like a poodle. When it rains I have some uncontrollable waves. During the dry days of winter my hair is straight. I have lots of hair but the hair strands themselves are somewhat thin. My eyes are med-brown. My face is oval. I have a prominent nose, large eyes, full but subtle lips. I'm a cross between Jennifer Lopez (face shape) and Gloria Estefan (nose), if you can picture that! I'm 5'2 and in shape. I work out at the gym daily so need a style that is easy to manage. My hair is currently about 2 inches below shoulders in layers. I would love to let it grow some more or keep the current length. White/yellow toned skin, light in winter tans easily in summer.Brunette needs hair advice, color, highlights, style, products?
Sounds like you have hair like mine.... poor you lol. Personally I like to keep my hair at about the same length yours is, and at the moment I have some blondish highlights it, though I've had light brown highlights in the past. I just had my mom or a friend do them from a box. I generally keep my hair completely straight, and if I'm going somewhere nice flip the ends out. Of course they never stay that way :). I like the Garnier Fructise Sleek and Shine system.Brunette needs hair advice, color, highlights, style, products?
get caramel highlights !
Highlights would look great. Ask friends who have had theirs done that you think look good) where to go. Some stylists are better at color than others. It is a big cost so you want to get it right the first time.
Honey blonde highlights are really pretty as well. My hair sounds the same as yours and I help the wavyness by curling in medium chunks with a 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron. Flip over hair spary and then scrunch for volume. This takes about 10 min tops

No comments:

Post a Comment