Friday, December 18, 2009

Can someone suggest a cheaper alternative to salons for Highlights, cut, style. I am spending too much!?

I am looking for a chain or suggestions on how to find a qualified salon for my hair. I am now paying over $100. I am not sure if the local chain salons will have the same quality that I am used to...I am definently not going back to doing it myself. I used to do that years ago with really bad results.Can someone suggest a cheaper alternative to salons for Highlights, cut, style. I am spending too much!?
that is the cheaps you are going to find it. i believe if they are doing a good job on your hair and it looks and feel great. what is 100 for great hair. priceless!Can someone suggest a cheaper alternative to salons for Highlights, cut, style. I am spending too much!?
You should go to different salons and watch different stylist work. It should not bother them for you to watch . And then when you find someone you like their work, compare the prices. Also usually the longer your hair the more it costs. Good Luck!!!
It all depends on the stylist. Try the Hair Cuttery and look around to see who cuts hair well. Ask people where they get their hair done/
Local beauty college offers discount services - performed by students
The only reason why salons cost so much is because the stylist they are setting you up with has experience or has gained a ';level';. I always go to my favorite salon with the same hair stylist (I have gone through many until i found a person I trust) I pay about $200 for my hair for a cut, style, higlights, deep conditioner. (Also my hair is REALLY long)She has a really good job and I would not go any place else. You need experience, cost cutters and those places make the stylists go through a class that lasts 3 DAYS and then puts them in their salons. Crazy!
check with your local tech school - cosemetology students offer a wide variety of services - cuts, color, perms, highlights, manicures, etc - at greatly reduced prices. I used to go to a nail salon for pedicures @ $30/visit. Same service @ the tech school is $5.
try Regis salon ....they arent local but they are not expensive
All top salons offer model nights. Apprentices for the salon that are already licensed work on their own models. This is your chance to keep going to the best but at a hefty discount. Yes they are slower than the more experienced stylist. You must be somewhat open to what they need too. They are not usually going to take models for trims and retouches.
  • myspace.com profile
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment